What you need: Someone to tell your organization’s stories — internally or externally — in a way that sparks excitement and satisfaction in the work you do every day.
What I do: Harnessing my journalistic skills, I write well-researched case studies, company bios, white papers, reports, and articles that bring initiatives, research, organization values, and success stories to life for corporate/nonprofit stakeholders and their target audiences.
This can mean …
- Writing a company bio for your website’s “About” page that highlights your company’s values, ambition, and ongoing success.
- Creatively telling stories for organization publications that show how groups or individuals have been positively impacted by the work of your nonprofit.
- Deeply researching (and writing) white papers that bring your organization’s research to life for policy makers.
I wrote this case study, which highlights the Pear Deck add-on to Google Slides and how it helped a school district attain a more interactive learning experience.
Stories for Organization Publications
I contribute stories to a variety of university and nonprofit organization publications, including the Regis University Magazine and The Denver Foundation’s blog and donor newsletter. Here are a few samples of that work:
- Regis’ Tree Whisperer Helps Diverse Species Take Root (story for the Regis University Magazine)
- Big Ideas for a Better Future (a look at work supported by The Denver Foundation’s Recovery and Resilience Fund in the wake of COVID-19)
- Pass the Mic: How Community Voices Influenced The Denver Foundation’s New Strategic Framework
- Better Together (The Denver Foundation welcomed two new giving circles in the first half of 2021)